Tuesday, January 22, 2013

# 4 : 13 for '13 hair challenge!

HEY BABES!

I hope everyone had a bangin weekend.  Mine was to the brim with awesome, and included #4 in my HAPPY NEW YEAR HAIR CHALLENGE 2013 AMAZING!

Inspiration-  Emerson Spring/Summer '13 NYFW



Emerson s/s '13

Surprise surprise, of course I have to feature a few braided styles in this here hair challenge.  Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE a good braid, and on the Emerson runway the braids everything good.  What makes this look unique is the draping of the braid across the forehead, creating a BANG effect.  This inside-out french braid starts in the back of the head, parallel to the ear and favoring whichever side feels natural.  I sectioned off the bottom half of my hair (everything below my starting point), and tied it off to keep it out of the way while building my braided bang.  This creates two distinct top and bottom halves, giving you control over what hair gets braided and where (ex: all hair on top drapes towards the front, likewise in the back).  Once all the top hair was braided and I reached the opposite ear, I released the bottom section and continued into the back.  Finishing this style is a dream:  anything goes.  I tucked my tail into a tiny braided bun, but get creative and try something diff!
And keep your plaits playful:  rough your crown up slightly using your fingertips lightly against the grain of the braid.  
Here's my Emerson variation:





I hope some of my fearless theorists try this one at home!  Keep practicing, send any questions or comments, and stay tuned for #5 COMING SOON!

XOX
MEG

✌  

J. Henry Salon
127 Middle Street
Portland, Maine
(207)358-7555

No comments:

Post a Comment