Monday, January 14, 2013

CHALLENGE #3 OF 13:: VENEXIANA

We meet again today for Hair Challenge #3 of 13!  

INSPIRATION: Venexiana spring '13, NYFW.



Models, Venexiana spring '13 NYFW

The difficulty level of this simple looking style is surprisingly challenging.  My amazing friend, Karli, and I tried this one several times each before I finally had some luck with it over the weekend.  My shoulder length hair lacked the coiled impact of Venexiana's thick twists, but for my longer length lasses this is your lucky look.  
Start by parting your hair down the middle.  Take one of your halves (tie the other off for now), and beginning at the temple twist up and back, gathering only from the hairline as you move towards the nape.  Secure your first twist with an elastic and repeat on the other side.  I'd be lying if I said getting these slick twists symmetrical was easy, so try not to get frustrated.  Bobby pins and hairspray can help you manipulate and match up your twists.  Take the pigtails you've created and meet them in the middle with a third elastic.  TOPSY-TAIL the pony you just made and pin loose ends into the crease of your coil.  TRY IT!





My Venexiana variation!  

Show me what you're working with, my twisted sisters.  Share any trials and variations with me at: meghan.laura.harrington@gmail.com, and be featured here on THE BANG THEORY!

STAY TUNED, trusty theorists.
I've got 10 more treats to share with you before the month is over.

All my love,
Meghan


Come visit myself, my friend Karli mentioned above, 
and the rest of J. Henry Salon's talented team at:

J. HENRY SALON
127 Middle Street
Portland, Maine
(207)358-7555

No comments:

Post a Comment